Mainline operates under its own set of High Voltage (HV) safety rules. These rules are in place to ensure that work can be undertaken safely on or near items of electrical apparatus that form part of a HV system.
We regularly operate as the HV Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for our clients working on new windfarms that are being energised for the first time. We also provide SAP services for maintenance work on existing sites. All our SAPs are fully accredited.
Our SAP services include:
- Rigorously following health and safety regulations and legislation
- Operating HV apparatus for the first switch-in of new apparatus
- Completing lock-out, tag-out isolations to allow for testing
- Permitting works to ensure safety from the system for all operatives working on or near HV apparatus
- Production and issuing of safety documents
- Testing and commissioning of electrical distribution equipment.
- Cable location and Identification
- HV substation equipment operation and maintenance
- Issue of permits to work and sanction for test
- Fault diagnosis